Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Logan Squared

I have been killing it with seeing films on their opening weekend. I'm introducing a new movie buddy to the blog. It's my aunt, Muffin. That's not her real name but it's what the family calls her. She has been eagerly waiting to go see Logan just as much as I have to we made plans to go together. She's a matinee movie goer like myself so we went to see a morning showing.

There were a lot of people there since it was a Sunday. We got really good seats, almost dead center and close to the middle. We were both delighted (she was surprised) to see the Deadpool teaser trailer before the movie started. It was so funny and just the edge I needed taken off before the emotional roller-coaster I was about to ride. There are no words for how awesome this film is. It's by far the best solo Wolverine movie and one of the best X-Men movies int he franchise. I cried...hard. By the last scene, I was sobbing for anyone to hear. My aunt has tougher skin than me so she was able to hold it together.

The first thing I did after the movie was text my boyfriend that we had to see this sooner rather than later. We went to see it later that week during the day. The theater was mostly empty so that helped us feel like we were all alone, watching this masterpiece. I cried again...even harder. It was worse knowing how it ended. I couldn't control myself. He even welled up with some tears, though they didn't fall. We went back home to talk about how amazing it was and how it was the perfect send off for Hugh Jackman. It makes me sad though. He truly was Wolverine, through and through.




No comments:

Post a Comment