Monday, November 20, 2017

Opening Weekends

I have seen two films in their opening weekends and I forgot how fun it is to see movies with a large audience who are also seeing it for the first time. It's exhilarating when we're all excited and eager to see what will happen. But if lots of people aren't your thing (which they sometimes aren't for me), it can be exhausting instead.

Last weekend, I saw two films with my boyfriend. We were already a week late in seeing Thor so we decided to see that one first. It was AWESOME. I can say it's the best Thor movie out of the trilogy and was funny as hell. It's easily the second funniest Marvel movie. I thought the shift in tone was well needed and well executed. The color schemes caught and held my attention the entire time. The end credit scenes were a little less fun. The first one left me confused and the second one was kinda funny. It was just a good time all around.

But the good times couldn't last. Next, we went to see Murder on the Orient Express. The crowd was mostly older white people. I'm sure they were fans of the book as I was. My hopes were extremely high after the amazing listening experience. It started off well. The changes felt organic and seamless. Then the third act happened. IT WAS A FUCKING MESS. I'm glad I was away from the rest of the crown, sequestered off in the back row, because I was huffing and puffing the whole time. I'm still fuming about it. The director and writer and whoever was responsible needs to send me a personal apology.

Fast forward to this past weekend and I'm hoping my boyfriend will ditch cleaning the house for an early matinee of Justice League. He gives in and go see the 10:00 showing. And that was awesome. Even better than I could have hoped for. This was a great followup to Wonder Woman. I don't understand why the critics are giving it bad reviews but if you wanna see it, see it in Dolby theaters or XD or IMAX. It's worth the extra cost.

I think this is the most active I've been with going to the theaters on the weekend. I usually try and go during the week. But this was a nice change.


Image result for thor ragnarokImage result for murder on the orient expressImage result for justice league

No comments:

Post a Comment