Wednesday, January 17, 2018

The Shape of Water


Image result for the shape of water

I'm halfway through the first month of 2018 and I've only seen ONE new film in theaters. To be far, I did see Justice League again on New Year's Day. My mom still hadn't seen it and she wanted a date. We went to the discount theater and she treated me. The experience was nice. She thoroughly enjoyed herself and declared her love of all DC films. So suck on that, critics!

My first true outing was this past Sunday though. Kelly took me to my first film of 2017 so I guess we decided to make this a tradition. We had been trying to coordinate this date for weeks, since The Shape of Water was initially released in December. Life, as its known to do, kept us apart until one fateful Sunday when we were both working. We went to dinner before the movie and had delicious food. 

It was finally time and Kelly treated me to some delicious popcorn. She's seriously the best. We had sent out an invite to two other friends but the lights had dimmed and we expected it to just be us. ALAS, Maria arrives 40 mins into the film. Just her company made us 10x happier. 

The film itself was good. The acting by the leads, Doug Jones and Sally Hawkins, took my breath away. Their chemistry was decadent and their love was so pure (and weird as fuck). The highlight of this film was the cinematography. If it doesn't win at the Oscars in this category, know that they were robbed. I mean, just look at that movie poster. If it doesn't make you swoon then you haven't a romantic bone in your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment