Thursday, May 4, 2017

New theater

I used to live on the opposite side of town where there was this little movie theater and no one seemed to want to go to. They knew it was there but it seemed abandoned and run down. And it was, just a little. But it was always empty and the prices were decent. If you were looking for a secluded movie experience, this was the one to go to.

I hadn't been out there in 2 years and since then, they've completely renovated it. It's awesome inside. They have a small lounge area near the concession stand. The theaters vary in size but none are teeny tiny. And the seats...they recline. I love this new feature theaters have been putting in. It's so damn relaxing. It almost makes me forget I'm there to see a film and take a nap.

But I didn't this past Tuesday. I got my boyfriend out on a date. Another bonus: Tuesdays have discount prices all day. So I only paid $12 for the both of us. We were a little early but still decided to check out our seats instead of sitting in the lounge. We sat in the middle towards the left of the screen. After the repetitive commercials and the less than exciting previews, the movie began.

By the way, we went to go see Sleight. The actual cinematic outing overshadowed the film. I still really liked it though. It's about a street magician who sells drugs to support himself and his little sister. When she's kidnapped, he does everything it takes to get her back. The actors were believable and lifelike. I just wish they were either more or less backstory for the main characters. It just fell a little flat and didn't fully capture my attention. The ambiguous ending left me confused on the point of it. I didn't stay through the end credits to see if it was explored further either. I enjoyed the movie but it's not something I'd recommend for a theater experience. You can appreciate it just as much on your home T.V.



No comments:

Post a Comment