Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Disney Remake

I'd like to make a confession: I have never seen the 1991 version of Beauty and the Beast. I know, I KNOW! It keeps me up at night and leaves me feeling ashamed...

Actually I don't give a rat's ass and you wanna know something else? I've never seen The Little Mermaid either. Stick that in your judgmental Disney pipe and smoke it. I got hooked on Lion Kind and Hercules and Pocahontas growing up. I had no more room for the other classics, even to this day. But I love Emma Watson and have a huge crush on Dan Stevens so I was obligated to see this film. I waited two(?) weeks after it was released to watch it. Kelly invited me for a matinee pre-brunch movie and I happily accepted. We were in a smaller theater and sat in seats on the right towards the middle of the theater. None of the trailers really grabbed my attention. Finally, the movie started and it was great the whole way through. I don't know if anything was severely changed or kept exactly the same. I just know I loved it. The songs were beautifully sung and the acting was cute; cute definitely being a compliment in this case.

The CGI was iffy in some parts but I was mostly able to lose myself in the story. I cried...twice. I have no control over my emotions and this film was tugging at my fragile heartstrings. There wasn't an end credit scene (according to the employee cleaning up the theater) so we didn't stick around. This movie is great for all ages. It did fail on making me interested in seeing the original though. I'm completely happy with this being my only reference to the title.




No comments:

Post a Comment