Thursday, September 14, 2017

Kellibration Obligations

I was NOT planning on see the theatrical release of It. I was a fan of the miniseries, which I barely remember and I had never read the mammoth of the book. I knew about it because everyone knows about It. It's pop culture candy and everyone has had a piece. So only someone I loved could convince me to go see this movie. And who did this to me??? It was Kelly! September is her birthday month and she celebrates all month long. With this being a horror movie, I knew she was planning on seeing it. She loves watching scary movies. I honestly don't know why I allow myself to be dragged along to these scream fests. But I caved and I was there opening weekend.

It was a small group of us, Kelly and three of her friends. I was running late (damn public transportation!) so Kelly held the seats for us. I was sure that the theater would be packed but there were still plenty of empty seats left over. I'm guessing it was because it was a Sunday afternoon. We brought our own snacks and shook with anticipation and fear. I already told Kelly's friend that I would be grabbing onto him for support and he said likewise. But...the movie never delivered the scares I thought were coming. There were definitely moments that had me cringing and spooked me. But I wasn't SCARED scared. Honestly, I found the movie to be more funny than anything. The child actors knocked it out of the park. I especially loved Richie and Eddie, played by Finn Wolfhard and Jack Grazer respectively. They were the comedic reliefs and they did not disappoint. 

With how long the book was, obviously the movie could only show so much. It ends with them defeating It and vowing to come back if there town is attacked again. The credits scroll across the screen and it closes with it declaring this was only chapter one. I can't say I'm too excited for the sequel but I know I'll end up seeing it. If only because I'm curious who will play the adult counterparts to the child actors. 

P.S. - We had dead center seats. Kelly did good with holding them from other movie goers lol



No comments:

Post a Comment